Orgasm, what's not to love? - That wash of electrical energy that bursts from our genitals to our toes; leaving that achingly pleasurable pulse of satisfaction and relaxation. How could something that feels so good be good for you too?
Usually, anything that causes such pleasure (downing a bottle of wine, eating that whole box of chocolates) isn't considered "good" for us. Luckily, researchers and physicians are finally wising up to the fact that: sex and orgasms are good for your body, mind and soul.
10 Health Benefits of OrgasmOrgasm, what's not to love? - That wash of electrical energy that bursts from our genitals to our toes; leaving that achingly pleasurable pulse of satisfaction and relaxation. How could something that feels so good be good for you too? Usually, anything that causes such pleasure (downing a bottle of wine, eating that whole box of chocolates) isn't considered "good" for us. Luckily, researchers and physicians are finally wising up to the fact that: sex and orgasms are good for your body, mind and soul.
1. Orgasm relieves stressThe relaxation that typically follows orgasm is often one of the few times people actually allow themselves to completely relax and let go of the day's stresses. In the afterglow of an orgasm it's usually impossible to focus on distracting thoughts. Oxytocin, the bonding, sleepy hormone, floods your body one minute after orgasm making you awash in calm.
Use a "massager" to bring pleasure and clitoral vibration with a long handle for more comfort and better reach. Try the Hitachi Magic Wand, labeled "the most reliable way to orgasm".
2. Orgasm helps you sleep betterFollowing an orgasm men usually experience a quick drop in blood pressure and fall into sudden relaxation. For women the effect is more progressive but just as powerful. Consider orgasm as your own personal tranquilizer. Throw the Ambien out and overcome insomnia. Let the joyful release of endorphins take over and calm your body and mind right into a nap.
Use a blindfold to block out the light while the rest of your senses indulge. The Clitoriffic will stay focused on your clitoris, giving you a head-start in the arousal process, bringing you closer to orgasm.
3. Orgasm boosts your immune systemWith orgasm DHEA is released and Dr. Theresa Crenshaw author of The Alchemy of Love and Lust says, "DHEA may be the most powerful chemical in our personal world. It helps balance the immune system, improves cognition, promotes bone growth, and maintains and repairs tissues, keeping your skin healthy and supple. It can mean less frequent colds and flu." In fact, Wilkes University in Pennsylvania says those who have sex once or twice a week show 30% higher levels of an antibody called immunoglobulin A, which is known to boost the immune system.
Rabbit Habit is an all-in-one vibrator designed to vibrate on the clitoris, while small beads gently turn inside the shaft to give the labia and vagina a delicious sensation.
4. Orgasm reduces depression and improves moodWho wouldn't be happier with an orgasm a day? Many hormones are positively affected by the act of sex and orgasm, which can lead to a lighter mood. Another theory is proposed by psychologist Gordon Gallup who states that Prostaglandin, a hormone found only in semen (which upon being absorbed in the female genital tract) may have led to 30% more of his female study participants to report feeling happier than the participants who didn�t have men ejaculate inside of them. So, he can apparently make you feel happy inside and out.
Use a hands-free, clitoral vibrator to strap-on for easy comfort and constant contact to the clitoris during intercourse or for when you don't have the energy. Try the Wireless Micro Butterfly.
5. Orgasm helps women get pregnant and have a healthy preganancyAn orgasm is not a prerequiste to getting pregnant, but the female orgasm can help. Orgasm increases uterine contractions, which increases "insuck", negative pressure drawing sperm into the uterus. Orgasm also increases blood flow to the uterus making it an ideal environment for an egg to implant. Pregnant women were found to be more likely to carry baby to term when they had regular orgasm during pregnancy, either with partner or simply by themselves.
Use a vibrating cock ring during intercourse to increase the likelihood of orgasm with intercourse. Try the Wireless Ring of Passion.
6. Orgasm strengthens the bodyMuscle contraction as a form of exercise is generally good for any muscle. The muscle contraction associated with orgasm can also address issues such as erection problems and incontinence. When 178 Belgian men with minor erection problems participated in a four month daily rehabilitation program which primarily focused on Kegel exercises, 74% showed improvement and 43% reported they were cured. For women, Kegels strengthen the entire uro-genital tract, aid in easing childbirth and prevents the onset of incontinence.
The Luna Kegel Exerciser Balls are the perfect PC training companion.
7. Orgasm Alleviates PainOrgasm has been linked with decreased pain with menstrual cramps, migraine and a general increase of pain threshold. Because of natural opiates, sex and specifically orgasm become a powerful analgesic, elevating the pain threshold. Now that's a prescription everyone can follow.
Intensify your sexual experience with anal play. Try the Medium nJoy Anal Plug.
8. Orgasm reduces your risk of heart disease
It's simple -- by having and orgasm three or more times a week, individuals reduce their risk of heart attack or stroke by half. heart attack rates were found to be much higher with women who didn't have orgasms.Product Suggestion:
Indulge in some visual sensuality to get that hear pumping gradually to get you in the mood. Or an explicit movies. Orgasm comes easier after visual stimulation.
9. Orgasm helps you lose weightThere are 3500 calories in a pound of fat. For every 3500 calories you burn you will lose one pound of fat. Sexual intercourse burns approximately 150 calories per half hour. In comparison, yoga uses 114 calories per half hour, dancing 129, walking - 3mph 153, weight training 153, volleyball 174. The pulse rate, in an aroused person, rises from about 70 beats per minute to 150, the same as that of an athlete putting forth maximum effort.
The Cone Vibrator - New technology that lets you put your weight into your pleasure. Use gravity to lean into greater pleasure.
10. Orgasm decreases risk of cancerHigher oxytocin and DHEA hormone levels released with orgasm were linked with decreased rates of breast cancer. And men who had an orgasm (ejaculation) more often were found to have lower levels of prostate cancer.
Explore the G-Spot and P-Spot to intensify orgasm. Try Aneros for prostate stimulation or the Lelo Gigi for easy G-Spot accessibility.
Finally, orgasms help you to live longer: A British study of 1,000 people found those who had at least two orgasms a week had half the death rate of the rest of the country which admitted to indulging in sex less than once a month. Live long and prosper with lots of orgasms!